Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in March 2018

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in March 2018

Casualties Report for March 2018

 

In March 2018, DCHRS documented 971 casualties, including 160 children and 130 women. 95% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 5% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 18% and 13% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 64% were civilian men.

 

Out of the male casualties, 93% were unarmed men civilians and 7% were armed from various factions.

 

The highest number of casualties in March 2018 was recorded in Damascus and its suburbs province (837 persons in total), followed by Idlib province (36 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, and Russian forces warplanes.

 

Additionally, Syrian regime airstrikes killed 107 accumulating to 11 % of the entire number of victims, Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 717 victims accumulating to 74% of the entire casualties.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_March_2018_Casualties_Report_English