Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in February 2018

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in February 2018

Casualties Report for February 2018

 

In February 2018, DCHRS documented 872 casualties, including 159 children and 112 women. 95% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 5% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 18% and 13% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 64% were civilian men.

 

Out of the male casualties, 93% were unarmed men civilians and 7% were armed from various factions.

 

The highest number of casualties in February 2018 was recorded in Damascus and its suburbs province (607 persons in total), followed by Der Ezzor province (70 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, and Russian forces warplanes.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_February_2018_Casualties_Report_English