Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in January 2018

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in January 2018

Casualties Report for January 2018

 

Executive Summary: In January 2018, DCHRS documented 423 casualties, including 54 children and 53 women. 86% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 14% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 13% and 12% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 61% were civilian men.

 

Out of the male casualties, 82% were unarmed men civilians and 18% were armed from various factions.

 

The highest number of casualties in January 2018 was recorded in Damascus and its suburbs province (149 persons in total), followed by Idlib province (92 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, Russian forces warplanes, and the U.S led collation airstrikes.

 

 

DCHRS_Month_of_January_2018_Casualties_Report_English