Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in December 2017

Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in December 2017

Casualties Report for December 2017

 

In December 2017, DCHRS documented 404 casualties, including 62 children and 47 women. 91% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 9% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 15% and 12% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 64% were civilian men.

 

Out of the male casualties, 88% were unarmed men civilians and 12% were armed from various factions.

 

The highest number of casualties in December 2017 was recorded in Damascus and its suburbs province (120 persons in total), followed by Der Ezzor province (242 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, Russian forces warplanes, and the U.S led collation airstrikes.

 

Additionally, Syrian regime airstrikes killed 176 accumulating to 44% of the entire number of victims, Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 38 victims accumulating to 9% of the entire casualties, and the US led coalition strikes killed 20 victims with a ratio of 5% of total war victims.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_December_2017_Casualties_Report_English