Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Der Ezzor Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in November 2017

Der Ezzor Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in November 2017

Casualties Report for November 2017

 

In November 2017, DCHRS documented 779 casualties, including 101 children and 68 women. 92% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 8% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 13% and 9% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 70% were civilian men.

 

Out of the male casualties, 90% were unarmed men civilians and 10% were armed from various factions.

 

The highest number of casualties in November 2017 was recorded in Der Ezzor province (324 persons in total), followed by (242 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, Russian forces warplanes, and the U.S led collation airstrikes.

 

Additionally, Syrian regime airstrikes killed 422 accumulating to 54% of the entire number of victims, Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 68 victims accumulating to 9% of the entire casualties, and the US led coalition strikes killed 48 victims with a ratio of 6% of total war victims.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_ِNovember_2017_Casualties_Report_English