Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Der Ezzor Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in October 2017

Der Ezzor Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in October 2017

Casualties Report for October 2017

In October 2017, DCHRS documented 686 casualties, including 113 children and 77 women. 95% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 5% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 16% and 11% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 68% were civilian men.

Out of the male casualties, 93% were unarmed men civilians and 7% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in October 2017 was recorded in Der Ezzor province (284 persons in total), followed by (165 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, Russian forces warplanes, and the U.S led collation airstrikes.

Additionally, The US led coalition strikes killed 277 victims with a ratio of 40% of total war victims, Syrian regime airstrikes killed 242 accumulating to 35% of the entire number of victims, and Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 44 victims accumulating to 6% of the entire casualties.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_ِOctober_2017_Casualties_Report_English