Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in September 2017

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in September 2017

Casualties Report for September 2017

 

In September 2017, DCHRS documented 711 casualties, including 75 children and 108 women. 95% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 5% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 10% and 15% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 70% were civilian men.

Out of the male casualties, 94% were unarmed men civilians and 6% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in September 2017 was recorded in Der Ezzor province (256 persons in total), followed by (110 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling of the Syrian regime strikes, Russian forces warplanes, and the U.S led collation airstrikes.

Additionally, Syrian regime airstrikes killed 370 accumulating to 52% of the entire number of victims. Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 125 victims accumulating to 18% of the entire casualties. The US led coalition strikes killed 70 victims with a ratio of 10% of total war victims.

 

DCHRS_Month_of_ِSeptember_2017_Casualties_Report_English