Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in July 2017

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in July 2017

Casualties Report for July 2017

 
 

In July 2017, DCHRS documented 725 casualties, including 129 children and 90 women. 92% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 8% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 18% and 122% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 62% were civilian men.

Out of the male casualties, 88% were unarmed men civilians and 12% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in July, 2017 was recorded in Al-Raqqa province (281 persons in total), followed by Der Ezzor (173 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling the U.S led collation airstrikes, the Syrian regime strikes, and Russian forces warplanes.

Additionally, The US led coalition strikes killed 260 victims, most of whom died in AL-Raqqa and Deir Ezzor with ratio of 35% of total war victims. Syrian regime airstrikes killed 181 accumulating to 22% of the entire number of victims. Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 74 victims accumulating to 10% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in the provinces of AL-Raqqa, and Deir Ezzo.

 
 
DCHRS_Month_of_July_2017_Casualties_Report_English