Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in June 2017

Al-Raqqa Province Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in June 2017

Casualties Report for June 2017

 
 
In June 2017, DCHRS documented 948 casualties, including 114 children and 83 women. 85% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 15% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children and women respectively made up 12% and 9% of the total number of war casualties, while the remaining 64% were civilian men.

Out of the male casualties, 81% were unarmed men civilians and 19% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in June, 2017 was recorded in Al-Raqqa province (361 persons in total), followed by Der Ezzor (188 persons in total), most of whom were killed by the indiscriminate shelling the U.S led collation airstrikes, the Syrian regime strikes, and Russian forces warplanes.

Additionally, The US led coalition strikes killed 283 victims, most of whom died in AL-Raqqa and Deir Ezzor with ratio of 30% of total war victims. Syrian regime airstrikes killed 297 accumulating to 31% of the entire number of victims. Russian airstrikes resulted in the death of 16 victims accumulating to 3% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in the provinces of AL-Raqqa, and Deir Ezzor.

 
 
DCHRS_Month_of_June_2017_Casualties_Report_English