Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in September 2016

Casualties Report for September 2016

In September 2016, DCHRS documented 1470 casualties, including 230 children and 130 women. 84% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 16% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 16% and 9% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 79% were unarmed men civilians and 21% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in September, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (734 persons in total), Followed by Damascus suburbs (231 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 791 victims accumulating to more than half at 54% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here