Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in August 2016

Casualties Report for August 2016

In August 2016, DCHRS documented 1622 casualties, including 222 children and 158 women. 75% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 25% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 10% and 13% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties 67 % were unarmed men civilians and 33% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in August, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (656 persons in total), Followed by Idlib (367 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 230 victims accumulating to 14% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here