Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in July 2016

Casualties Report for July 2016

In July 2016, DCHRS documented 2167 casualties, including 333 children and 187 women. 83% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 17% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 9% and 15% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 87% were unarmed men civilians and 15% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in July, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (1151 persons in total), Followed by Damascus suburbs (283 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 251 victims accumulating to 12% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here