Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in June 2016

Casualties Report for June 2016

In June 2016, DCHRS documented 1505 casualties, including 178 children and 147 women. 79% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 21% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 10% and 12% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 73% were unarmed men civilians and 27% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in June, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (650 persons in total), Followed by Idlib (260 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 261 victims accumulating to 17% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here