Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces then Idlib Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in April 2016

Casualties Report for April 2016

Executive Summary: In April 2016 DCHRS documented 1,350 casualties, including 149 children and 121 women. 69% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 31% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 9% and 11% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 61% were unarmed men civilians and 39% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in April, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (563 persons in total), Followed by Idlib (228 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 145 victims accumulating to 10% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here