Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces then Idlib Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in March 2016

Casualties Report for March 2016

Executive Summary: In March 2016 DCHRS documented 850 casualties, including 94 children and 83 women. 77% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 23% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 10% and 11% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 91% were unarmed men civilians and 29% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in March, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (165 persons in total), Followed by Damascus Suburb (138 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 124 victims accumulating to 16% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Homs and Aleppo, regardless of the agreed “Ceasefire” that was implemented on Feb 27, 2016.

Read the full report here