Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Aleppo Provinces then Damascus Suburbs Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in February 2016

Casualties Report for February 2016

Executive Summary: In February 2016 DCHRS documented 1,513 casualties, including 192 children and 131 women. 66% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 34% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 9% and 13% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 56% were unarmed men civilians and 25% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in February, 2016 was recorded in Aleppo province (514 persons in total), Followed by Damascus Suburbs (275 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 470 victims accumulating to 31% of the entire casualties, most of them were killed mainly in Aleppo and Homs.

Read the full report here