Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS)

Damascus Suburbs and Aleppo Provinces Recorded the Highest Number of Victims in December 2015

Casualties Report for December 2015

Executive Summary: In December 2015 DCHRS documented 1,802 casualties, including 227 children and 189 women. 76% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 24% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 10% and 13% of the total number of war casualties.

Out of the male casualties, 69% were unarmed men civilians and 31% were armed from various factions.

The highest number of casualties in December, 2015 was recorded in Damascus suburbs province (508 persons in total), Followed by Aleppo (473 persons in total), most of whom died due to indiscriminate shelling.

Additionally, Russian airstrikes assaults resulted in the death of 453 victims who were killed mainly in, Aleppo, Idlib and Damascus suburbs.