During the period of October 1st, 2016 to December 14, 2016, the Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS) documented 1753 civilian victims, who were killed in Aleppo by Russian and Syrian regime forces. Among these civilians, there were 243 children and 120 women at a ratio of 14% and 9% respectively. As of December, extrajudicial killing began to take place and the number of victims that DCHRS was able to document is 82 victims.
In November 2016, DCHRS documented 1766 casualties, including 278 children and 135 women. 87% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 13% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 8% and 16% of the total number of war casualties.