Casualties Report for the Year 2016 General Distribution: In The year 2016 DCHRS documented 17,627 casualties, including 2,365 children and 1,639 women. 79% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 22% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different…
Casualties Report for December 2016 Executive Summary: In December 2016, DCHRS documented 1287 casualties, including 172 children and 106 women. 91% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 9% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Children…
During the period of October 1st, 2016 to December 14, 2016, the Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS) documented 1753 civilian victims, who were killed in Aleppo by Russian and Syrian regime forces. Among these civilians, there were 243 children and 120 women at a ratio of 14% and 9% respectively. As of December, extrajudicial killing began to take place and the number of victims that DCHRS was able to document is 82 victims.
In November 2016, DCHRS documented 1766 casualties, including 278 children and 135 women. 87% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 13% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 8% and 16% of the total number of war casualties.
In October 2016, DCHRS documented 1364 casualties, including 154 children and 137 women. 81% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 19% were combatants, armed rebels, and soldiers from different fighting factions. Women and children respectively made up 12% and 14% of the total number of war casualties.
Throughout March 15th, 2011 to December 31st, 2014, the DCHRS documented a provisional total of 108,072 casualties. 79% of those killed were civilians. The remaining 21% belonged to one of the fighting factions. The number of documented children during the indicated period is 11,145 Children victims at a rate of 23% of the total victims. The documented number of women casualties is 7,720 at a rate of 16% of the total victims.
Mr. Mahmoud Abu-Zeed is an engineer who was born in 1976. He is a researcher, and an adviser in the international arbitration. He is a member in the freedom of assembly and association at the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights network.
Radwan Ziadeh is a Visiting Scholar at Lehigh University, and Fellow at the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU) in Washington D.C. He is the founder and director of the Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies in Syria and co-founder and executive director of the Syrian Center for Political and Strategic Studies in Washington, D.C. He is the managing editor of the Transitional Justice in the Arab World Project.
– Dr. Burhan Ghaliun Director of the Center for Contemporary Oriental Studies – Sorbonne University – Paris, France. – Bahey el-din Hassan Director of the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies – Cairo, Egypt.
– A’bd Al Hadi Al Khawaja Former Executive Director of Bahrain Center for Human Rights – Bahrain.
– Dr. A’bd Al Husein Sha’ban Iraq
– Dr. Mohamed Said Sa’ed Vice President of The Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies – Egypt (passed away in 2009).
– Dr. Mohammad Malki Director of the Center for Constitutional and Political Studies – Morocco
This report covers the days from August 21, 2013 to September 1, 2013. DCHRS was able to document 678 victims who were killed by chemical weapons. However, DCHRS is certain that the number of victims exceeded 1,600 as a result of the large area that was affected and the lack of medical equipment, which in turn caused many people to die from suffocation.